This year I ordered a case of wine for myself for Mother’s Day. I took the liberty of signing the card from my kids and writing a touching message that was so moving, it brought tears to my eyes. Note: I’m deducting the cost of the wine from the kids’ allowances.
While a case of decent wine is nice, I decided to make a list of the things I would have really wanted for Mothers Day. This list could be useful if my kids decide to go shopping next year. So here it is:
1. Bring Freddie Mercury back from the dead and restore him to perfect health.
2. Queen reunion tour (after #1 above is successfully completed).
3. A house with an awesome bathtub in the master bathroom so that I can have quiet time alone.
4. Someplace nice for the rest of the family to live. Hey - I’m not greedy. I want them to be comfortable, too. I just don’t want them where they can bother me all the time and ask for stuff.
5. To go to Paris. You can never be too rich, too thin, or go to Paris too much.
So, there you go, kids! You have almost a whole year to shop. But you might want to get started now because some of these could take a bit of planning. Of course, you can always pick up after yourselves, do all your homework, get good grades, clean the house, help with the chores without being asked, and stop asking for money all the time. I just figured that my list would be easier for you.