Welcome to whatever is on my mind!

Some people use the term "nonsense" but I prefer to use the phrase "uncommonly sensed" because it's more reflective of creative types.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Art and Eternity


My band released our first video this week.  Here it is, for those of you who are interested.


At the end of the video I wanted to put the quote below, but we decided against it because we were afraid it would take away from the music.  So I thought I’d share it here where words are expected.
“The only thing that’s real...
The only thing that lasts...
Is the art.”

Does this mean that I think souls aren’t real?
No.  It means that I think that souls are works of art.  
Each of us is a work of art, not for how we look on the outside, but for who we are and how our life experiences have changed us.  Some souls are highly polished and refined with intricate details.  Some are rustic and weathered forms that are beautiful for what they are: simple and authentic.  Some of us are fragmented like a Picasso.  Others are dark and mysterious. We are all different and these differences make us beautiful.  How we respond to what life gives us has the potential to make us even more so.

2 comments:

  1. "Slow form of torture..." Sad, but true. Life is too short for those types of books!

    And I LOVE Madeleine L'Engle. Those books are childhood favorites and they still make me all happy.

    Thanks for stopping in today...following back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a drummer too? Loved the video thanks! Maybe my soul is light and mysterious with some authentic, fragmented rust along the edges.

    ReplyDelete