Last week Newton had the time of his life in NYC while we were in town for Book Expo America 2014. Newton fell in love with the city and thought it was a great travel destination for gargoyles on the go. Here’s his list of the top 10 ten things gargoyles love about NYC.
1. Gothic Churches are everywhere.
2. Nice selection of assorted tall buildings for perching.
3. Other gargoyles to visit (The Chrysler building has a friendly group).
4. When there are 300 people waiting in line at the neighborhood’s trendiest restaurant, gargoyles get to cut at the front of the line and walk right in (true story - Newton got us to the head of the line!).
5. Live theater. Gargoyles love the arts and get in free with a human!
6. No one thinks it’s strange to see a woman walking down the street carrying a gargoyle.
7. New York Pizza.
8. Going to Serendipity3 and getting chocolate sauce in your wings from the full body contact hot fudge sundae eating frenzy.
9. Meeting the original Winnie the Pooh and Friends.
10. The people of NYC are smart enough to know that the average gargoyle is a few hundred years old, but they card them in bars anyway, just to make them feel good.