Welcome to whatever is on my mind!

Some people use the term "nonsense" but I prefer to use the phrase "uncommonly sensed" because it's more reflective of creative types.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Girl and Her Gargoyle ... At The Pancake Pantry




My new gargoyle arrived. I named him Newton. He was going to live in my courtyard outside my back door, but as soon as I unpacked him from the box I discovered that he was really an "inside" gargoyle. Not surprising, since gargoyles tend to take on the characteristics of their owners.

First of all, I followed the example of Andy in Toy Story and wrote my name on the bottom of Newton's feet:



And then guess what!  I discovered that Newton likes pancakes! So I took him to the Pancake Pantry for lunch. Here we are outside standing in line to get in:



There were a lot of choices on the menu. Newton wanted to try them all.


Good news - the Pancake Pantry does not discriminate against gargoyles and brought Newton his own glass of refreshing ice water. It's important for stone beings to stay hydrated, too.



Newton loved the bacon. It was extra crispy. He ate the whole plate by himself.

The Pancake Pantry was a hit with Newton. He gives it "two talons up" and recommends it to gargoyles who happen to be flying through town.



1 comment:

  1. Newton is adorable! I want one!!!

    And now I want bacon too. Damn. :/

    ReplyDelete